Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Night Zumba

I must say I have a love/hate relationship with Staci our Zumba instructor.  She is this cute, little, skinny and bouncy blond.  She has enough energy for 100 people.  So in preparation for her class I drank my Spark and headed into the studio.  I always stand in this corner of the room, the one area that seems to be void of big mirrors.  She leads us through an hour of various routines and dances.  I know Staci is doing this for my own good, but after an entire song of squats and gyrations I just don't like her for a minute.  Despite my feelings she keeps smiling and cheering me on.  Before I know it we are cooling down, I am dripping in sweat and I can start to feel my muscles tense up.  Why they put the studio on the second floor is beyond me,  the walk down the stairs is painful.  The only thought that keeps me going is that surely I just burned 500-600 calories and despite my muscle revolt one day this will get easier. 

Recipe of the day:
Turkey Taco Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • Taco Mix
  • Mixed greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Avocados
  • Olive Oil
Brown ground turkey with a little bit of olive oil.  Mix the taco seasoning with the ground turkey.
Prepare mixed greens.  Cut up tomatoes and avocados and put over mixed greens.  Top veggies with ground turkey.  You can also top with salsa. Enjoy! 

It's amazing how yummy this is!  My husband and son really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment